If your Linksys Velop router is not working as it should, frequently dropping Internet connection, or is not responding, you should go for a router reset to see if the problem still persists. There are some scenarios where some people also prefer to reset the router as they have forgotten the wireless network password or misconfigured their router setting during the initial process of router setup. It is very simple to reset Linksys Velop system and takes very less time. You can reset Linksys Velop system by two methods. We will show these two methods, but make sure you follow the below-given steps carefully to reset Linksys Velop system.
Two methods to reset Linksys Velop are as follows:
- Through Web-based interface:
You can reset your Linksys velop system with the help of a Web-based interface.
- Make sure your Linksys Velop system is powered On.
- On your computer, enter the default IP address of your Linksys Velop router into the address bar of the web browser.
- You will be navigated to the Linksys Velop login page where you will be prompted to enter the router username and password.
- After you log into your router, navigate to Administration tab where you will find a sub-tab called factory Defaults
- Under the Factory Default Settings page, click the button named as Restore Factory Defaults.
Now your Linksy router will reboot so that the new settings take effect and your Linksys router will get back to the Factory Default Settings.
- Through the Reset button:
Now we will show you another method to reset your Linksys Velop:
- Make sure your Velop router is powered On.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds and wait for your router to reboot.
- Now power off your router and wait for another 10 seconds before powering it on again.
Now your router will get back to the default settings and you can re-configure your Linksys Velop again.
Now we will show you how to reset Linksys Velop router password.
How to Reset Linksys Velop router password?
It is very easy to Reset Linksys Velop router password. Just follow the below-given instructions to reset Linksys Velop router password:
- Log into the Linksys Velop router admin page as we have shown above.
- Now, navigate to the Administrative tab.
- Go to the Change Velop password tab and click it.
- Enter your new password and also create an optional password, in case you forget the main password.
- Now restart your Velop router so that new settings take effect.
So you have successfully reset Linksys Velop router password. Next time when you log into your Velop router, you will need to enter the new router password.