There are many gaming consoles available in the market today. If you own an Xbox, you can easily connect it to your router wired or wirelessly to enjoy seamless gaming. If you own a Linksys gaming router such as WRT54G, you can use it to connect Xbox. The Linksys router auto-detects the Xbox device to prioritize gaming. If your Xbox not connecting with Linksys router then we can help you with it. In this blog, we will explain to you how to connect Xbox with Linksys router.
How to connect Xbox with Linksys router?
If you want to connect Xbox to Linksys router, you can either use a wired or wireless connection for the purpose. These following steps will guide you for connecting Xbox with Linksys network
- Take an Ethernet cable and connect its one-end into the Ethernet port of Xbox.
- You can connect another end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port of the Linksys router.
- The gaming console will automatically detect the network.
- You can verify the connection, select ‘Home’ click ‘Settings’ then ‘All Settings’, ‘Network’ and then ‘Network settings’ on the Xbox.
- The ‘current network status’ will display the ‘Wired’ connection.
- You can select ‘Test network connection’ to connect to your Xbox.
- In case, you are connecting the Xbox for the first time to Linksys network, you will be asked to select your language and display settings before it gets connected to the network.
- On the dashboard of Xbox, select ‘Home’ > ‘settings’ > ‘All Settings’ > ‘Network’ > ‘Network settings’ > ‘Set up a wired connection’
- Next, select your Wi-Fi name.
- Enter the ‘password’ and press ‘Enter’ key.
- Xbox will connect to your Linksys network.
- Finally, you can test the network connection.
Why is Linksys WRT54G not connecting to XBOX?
We understand that when you are having a get together with your friends and family and want to play games on your Xbox but your Linksys WRT54G not connecting to Xbox can be a frustrating moment. Therefore, we are here to troubleshoot the issue for you. You can follow the troubleshooting steps to fix Xbox not connecting with Linksys router issue for you.
- You can update the firmware of Linksys router. Once you update Linksys firmware, you will be able to connect the Linksys router to Xbox.
- You can try resetting your Xbox to its factory default settings.
- You can also try to reset the Linksys router to its factory default settings.
These tips will solve the Xbox not connecting with Linksys router issue for you. If you still need more help to understand how to connect Xbox with Linksys router, you can reach to us. We have an in-house team that can provide you assistance on any topic so, call them on their toll-free number.